I want to underscore the many ways that the Nonviolent Choice Directory helps to secure and protect the human rights to freedom of conscience in pregnancy prevention and to strong social support for all voluntary prevention options. Contraception, of course, is included under these rights, as are rape and incest prevention and treatment, abstinence, fertility awareness/natural family planning, outercourse, and same-sex relations.
- Offers global resources on Sexual/Reproductive Health Education of the comprehensive (contraception-inclusive, as opposed to abstinence-only) variety and all of the above methods of Pregnancy Prevention, most surely and at great length including contraception--including "male methods," consonant with our focus on Male Responsibility as a means of reducing abortion.
- With Turn the Clock Forward, cosponsors Pro Every Life, Pro Nonviolent Choice, Pro Reproductive Justice for All: A Manifesto, which endorses freedom of choice in and social support for pregnancy prevention methods--and how can that not include contraception?!
- Sells nonprescription family planning and safer sex items through our website.
- Regularly features action alerts that defend voluntary contraception (see the lefthand sidebar of this blog, "Current Action Alerts").
- Archives my debate/dialogue with an anti-contraception, anti-abortion visitor. This may be helpful to other pro-contraceptive prolifers engaged in similar debates/dialogues, especially the scientific references on whether hormonal contraceptives are abortifacient and whether contraception reduces abortion.
- If you are both prolife and pro-contraception, Nonviolent Choice shows that you have company, and that there are opportunities for political and civic engagement that express your beliefs!