Smallflower.comdrugstore.com





Sierra Club


Sierra Club


Welcome & Thank You...

...for visiting the Blog of the Nonviolent Choice Directory.

We feature commentary but most of all action alerts on the same positive, abortion-reducing measures we cover in the Directory.


These measures include post abortion healing; male responsibility; comprehensive sexual/reproductive health education; all voluntary pregnancy prevention methods, plus rape and incest prevention & treatment; and life-affirming ways to get through crisis pregnancy and beyond.

Along with responding to our current action alerts, and participating in our Blog, you are welcome to volunteer with us.






Monday, December 22, 2008

LGBT Phobia Leads to Crisis Pregnancy and Abortion

This post originally appeared on the blog of PLAGAL, the Pro Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians. It appears here with the blessing of its author, Cecilia Brown, current PLAGAL president and a woman who has firsthand experience with the subject.

When I was young I knew I was different than everyone else. The only thing I ever heard when I was growing up was how “queers were *&%#*& perverts”. I spent my time trying to pretend I was someone else, straight.

As a result I ended up not with just one unintended pregnancy but two. One ending in abortion that almost ruined my life and the other the birth of my daughter. Because of this experience I have become active in the pro life movement and have gone on to become president of PLAGAL- The Pro life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians.

I share my story of how homophobia led me to pregnancy, abortion and how I came to the pro life movement to college campuses across the United States and parts of Canada. I have always known that pregnancy in the LGBT community was more wide spread because when I share my story many come forward to share theirs. For most of these individuals the only alternative to dealing with unplanned pregnancies that was ever mentioned was abortion. Abortion causes another bad can of worms to be opened up.

If sexuality were discussed in homes and in school for what it really was, suffering of so many would be eliminated. Finally I discover that someone else has been looking at the issue other than myself and has published their findings. To read the article that appeared in 365gay.com just click on the link below.

http://www.365gay.com/news/study-lesbian-teens-at-higher-pregnancy-risk/

No comments: